Thursday, June 14, 2012

HEY! How Come My Windows Are So Ugly???

OMG!!!!!
Will I ever be finished showing you guys my living room??????
NOPE!!!!
At least not for today......
I think I might actually have a whole 'nother week of things to share.....

Today I want to talk about the windows.
I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!
They are big blank single panes of glass.

In the back of my condo,
 (where no one can see them.....)
 I have been able to fake the look of a divided light window 
by pinning in removable wooden grills.
This is how they look in my family room.
Much, much, much, much, much better.......
BUT
I can't have them in the front of my condo, 
'cuz then
everybody would want them
they wouldn't match the rest of the condo units, 
and that would be 
BAD!!!!!!!
At the present time, I have wooden venetian blinds on the windows.
They don't cover enough to make it look cottagey and cozy and quaint.
In Flerida, I solved this problem on my sliding glass doors by adding plantation shutters in my bedrooms.....

The doors went from this.....

To this......!!!!!!

So when I came back up to Massachusetts,
 I thought.....
"Hey! Betsy! What are you? A DOPE!!!!!!
Let's do the same thing on the windows in the living room and study
 up here in the north!!!!!!!!"
I called my good buddy Steve from Back Bay Shutter 
to come right on over and measure me up some shutters!!!!
YEAH! BABY!!!
So in another 3 months (groan
I will get them installed, 
and then I will take more pictures to show you how great they look. 
Unless they don't,
 and then you'll never hear another word about it.
(NOT!!!)
If it doesn't look great, I'll still share the humiliation with you guys.
I mean, it would be just our little secret!!
Nobody reads stuff on the internet anyway.....
Right???????

Latah Gatah
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love plantation shutters. I want them for my front windows but I fear our big poodles would destroy them. And they don't come cheap, correct?
Janet

Vickie H. said...

You are one funny gal! I wouldn't miss your daily posts for the world!!!

Amy Chalmers said...

hah peeing my pants!! you are so funny....geez first you spend all that $$ on tons of chalk paint at my class and then you go to back bay shutter company?? are you an heiress or somthin??

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Can never go wrong with the beauty of Plantation shutters....they are my favorite window treatment.....and obviously you love them too!!....Love the shutters you did in the Florida house!

Connie@Connie Nikiforoff Designs said...

I sure hope you don't think your windows are THAT ugly! Cuz mine have pretty much the same window treatment. Yikes that would be saying mine are ugly too :-( LOL!

I'd LOVE to have divided windows too but since our windows slide from the outside into the center large pane of glass when opened, they wouldn't/couldn't slide with removable grills :-(

I can't wait to see how yours look when the shutters get installed! And then I'll probably try to figure out how to have "the look" on a tiny budget...since Amy implies Back Bay Shutters are pricey. ;-) LOL!

Barb Lavigna said...

Betsy,
I love your blog! When I open my mail, I look for your name before any relatives or friends! Your decorating is what I dream of for my home. I have followed you for years in magazines! Your rooms really make me happy! I love the curtains in your family room and looked, but couldn't find an I depth conversation on them anywhere in the blog. Could you revisit you family room and tell us what you trimmed them with (my eyes are getting older and couldn't tell)and what you rule is for fullness? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and passion.

Anonymous said...

I am not tired of hearing about your living room! The way you "unpack" the complicated (to us) design process and give the reasons behind your choices is a very valuable resource. I live in FL and have those large expanses of glass. Love shutters and windowpanes and bamboo blinds under draperies & how much it amps up the coziness factor.

Susan in SC said...

I have plantation shutters on every window in my house! I love them!! I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when someone tells me I can't do something, so obviously I should never move into a condo in your area. But I do think the plantation shutters will be the perfect cozy touch to your perfect cozy home.

Robyn @ ItsRobyn.com said...

Good idea. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Robyn

sallie said...

OK, now you have me curious about what's outside those windows in the back of your condo. Will you please do a post on that for us?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...