Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gone to the Dogs

Continuing the story about Kris's living room,
 I will now go into
nauseating exhaustive detail.
This is an overall view of one angle of the room.
There are more angles!!!!
But I will start with dissecting this one.

Here's a close up of the mantel....
A few dogs......
Isn't the painting fabulouso???
I'd go away for the winter, only to come back and find more paintings of dogs for me to hang.
I'd ask Kris....
"When did you get this?????"
And she'd reply.....
"I've had that for a long time now....."
Now, this may work on her husband, but it ain't workin' on me!!!!!!!
Then I'd ask.....
"Where'd you get it?????"
And she'd answer....
"ebay"
You can find some neat paintings from Europe on ebay!!!!!
Or she'd answer.....
"At an auction."
And I'd say.....
"How come we don't go to these fun auctions when I'm up here?????"
And she'd nail me with a steely glare, and point out that
I'M THE ONE WHO ABANDONS HER IN THE WINTER,
 AND SHE NEEDS TO HAVE TO FIND OTHER FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH.....

I've lost track of the point I was making.......
Let's see.....
living room.... details.... painting.......
Oh yeah, the mantel!!!!!
Check out these cool inkwells....
That's a pencil holder in the middle....(I think).
She keeps finding more cool stuff.....
She may even have more sh#$ in her house than I do.
Aren't these hurricane lanterns wonderful????
They probably came in handy on Monday.
To the right of the fireplace is a ball and stick book stand.
This is a style of Victorian furniture for which both Kris and I have a major weakness.
Kris can't pass up one of these, and has a second one by the hall door.
A few more dog pictures hang above it....
Quel Surprise!!!!
To the right of the fireplace hang some little tools, with........
wait for it.......
dogs on them!!!!!!!
I had to get a close up.....
Give us a theme.....
any theme.....
and we run with it!!!!!
So, that's if for the right side of the fireplace, next up.....
dum de dum dum.....
the left side!!!!!!!

Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy! Still love seeing all the doggie thingies! The fireplace tools are too much!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lee said...

Love those dog inkwells! I've been watching those plates on eBay...but how do you know what will look good together?! Guess buying in pairs helps.
You are inspiring..as well as Kris.
Thanks for sharing!

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Ah-ha!! I have one of those book stands except its frame is made of bamboo. I thought it was originally made for plants, like little African violets that were popular in Victorian times. Thanks for setting me straight.

Sam I Am...... said...

OMG! Where do find all this stuff..or should I say the money for it? LOL! I love that little shelf/bookcase table too and she has 2 of them? I have to write the name of it down as I love it!
And inkwells? I never see stuff like that! Awesome decorating...a little fancy for me but cozy and comfy looking too which at my age is what I'm all about....clothes, furniture, shoes...they all have to be comfy and cozy nowadays! LOL! Beautiful job!

Cyndia said...

Women after my own heart! I love anything to do with dogs! What a beautiful room!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love her collection. Very wonderful!

XO,

Sheila

Sonny G said...

beautiful collection and of course its all placed exactly right, cause YOU placed it.

umm 4 pom furbabies and not a single dog art in my home.. I need to give this some thought ..

Angela said...

Betsy,

I just found your blog - like 3 days ago and I have done nothing but read back to the beginning of your blog - FOR 3 DAYS! I love it!!

Looking forward to sticking with you on a regular basis now!

I like your "just do it" attitude and "if you like it, who cares" philosophy! I am cursed with a perfectionist mindset and am afraid to try anything new. Always afraid of screwing up.... what will everyone else think? It really stinks to live like this!! You'll be good for me : )

Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into your blog - we will all be wiser for it!

Angela

Karin said...

So my husband says to me, "But we don't even own a spaniel." What is it with men? Just give me the credit card and go back in the garage. Jeez! ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...