Friday, February 7, 2014

A Wine Cellar in the Country

Ho Kay Kampers!!!!!
This is the last space in Connie and Chris's Vermont home!!!!!
Sooooo....
without more fanfare, let me show you Chris's wine cellar.
What a surprise.....
It's in the basement!!!!!
behind a secret door .........
Chris wanted a rustic country feel, so we had the space lined in old brick.
At the back of the room is a recessed nook I had painted green 
which worked out nicely for a painting he had collected somewhere in his travels, 
or life, 
or shopping, 
or something like that.......
We all thought it would be fun to go for a gothic feel,
 finding the heavily carved oak furniture in a local antique store over by my cabin on lake Sunapee.
I had the shade made out of oiled parchment for the old oil electrified lamp.
Once again, 
you'll have to bare with my fuzzy photos, as I just had the one shot of this space, 
and I've blown up the details.....
anyway.....
The Arts and Crafts chandelier I found in a junky antique store in Newton Massachusetts.
I was shopping with my friend and co-worker (underpaid employee), June...
When we saw this hanging light, I realized it would be perfect for the wine cellar, 
so I grabbed it, hoping Connie would like it.
Luckily she did.
Not all my clients love the gems I find when I'm out and about,
 but that's the way to get the bargains, folks!!!!!
Granted, I still had to have it rewired, add the wax candle slips and have the shades made.....
OK, 
maybe by the time I was done with this sucker it wasn't soooooo cheap, but it still was a great find.
Under the table we stuck an old beat up oriental rug.
I love when they have a lot of wear and the pile's worn down.
Chris had seen the angled storage bins in some ritzy wine store, so that's what he had the builder recreate.
I took this shot before the bins were filled up.
I'm happy to report that 
I HAVE DRUNK WINE FROM THIS CELLAR
AND IT TASTED GOOD!!!!!
On that note,
Latah, Gatah
Photobucket

8 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great wine room!! But it needs another chair...man should not drink alone. :-)

Mari said...

That is one beautiful wine cellar, love the table ;-)

Smiles~
Mari

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I agree...it needs another chair or 3....but it is a great wine cellar. I hope it is filled to the brim with amazing wines. What a special place.

Bonnie Schulte said...

I don't like you anymore. I like wine..I like old oriental rugs..really do, but you didn't invite me to taste wine with you, Ackkkk, I'm now in a depression. guess I will just have to get a glass of wine from my own fridge (no wine celler here).sigh, no antique rug to look at either....

Unknown said...

Picture this...behind a closed door, resting on a bottom shelf among brilliant pops of color with a background of white sits a lowly box a wine. This would be my wine cellar...am I jealous? Yes. Sigh...

Woodside Park said...

I will sit in that chair and have the best bottle of red, please! Yes, indeed!!! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!

Di said...

The chair is beautiful Betsy and the worn oriental rug is lovely. Could use that room for quiet time too!

Anonymous said...

I will be referring your comment about being underpaid to my attorney.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...